At John Street we have a separate program for 2½ - 3 and 4 year olds. The Specific differences between our 2½ - 3’s and 4’s program include:
2½ - 3 Year Old Program (2 day Program)
Throughout our 2½ - 3’s program, each child will -
4 Year old Program (3 day Program)
Throughout our 4’s program each child will -
Enjoy school readiness activities including (yet not limited to):
When should you send your child to school?
We believe in sending confident, respectful, happy children to school. In addition to our school readiness activities we assist our children in preparing for the transition from kindy to school through the following:
- We work in partnerships with the local schools by aligning our assessments with the schools orientation process
- We help our children develop a sense of belonging, fairness and respect for their peers with the support, encouragement and consistency of staff members
- We reinforce positive self-esteem and confidence through encouraging each child to try a range of different activities/experiences
- We encourage our children to drink water and eat fruit and/or vegetables at morning tea to support a healthy lifestyle
- Our anti bullying program empowers children to speak up for themselves and to seek help should they need it.